This page is regularly updated to reflect the current progress of the work. Check back regularly to see the latest updates. Additionally, check out our Overall Project Timeline Plan as well.
May 2019 Highlights:
- The Mansfield Website Redesign process continues and is on-track for completion in late Summer 2019 (beta launch scheduled for July 1st and full production launch on August 1st).
- The design preview and review process is going through our internal committee’s beta versions. We are on beta version 2 and preparing for the public design preview in early June.
- The website project teams have continued their work. This month’s efforts have focused primarily on the design process revision process.
- Department-by-Department meetings are continuing.
April 2019 Highlights:
- The design preview is nearly completed and will be released for public preview in late May or early June.
- The website project teams have continued their work. This month’s efforts include previewing the website editing / content management tool and reviewing the completed proposed design preview work.
- Department-by-Department meetings are underway to prepare for the transition to the new website. These meetings will continue into the next month as well.
March 2019 Highlights:
- In addition to our Word Press open source CMS webserver, we now have a second closed source CMS webserver online as well. Both of these are cloud-based to maximize reliability, security, and cost-savings.
- The website project teams focused their work on the design process for the website. This work was guided by the results of the community and staff survey, a review of best practices, and a review of the websites of other towns, schools, and organizations.
January/February 2019 Highlights:
- The staff and community survey was successfully completed and the results compiled and reviewed in full to inform the website redesign process.
- The Staff Intranet (Employee Resource) Website Redesign is now completed. This served the dual purpose of (1) modeling the website redesign process on a smaller scale project and (2) meeting the organizational need for internal access to staff resources.
- The 15-Member Internet Website Steering Committee is working collaboratively to support the process. Some of the Committee’s accomplishments thus far include brainstorming and compiling input on potential website components, developing and publishing a community survey, and sampling website designs from other towns and school districts.
- The Mansfield Branding initiative continues to progress and will be an important element of the website process.
- The I.T. Department is collaborating with the steering committee, staff, and vendors on back-end and front-end technology needs.